Welcome to the HRRA Website. Please feel free to explore this site, some highlights of which are as follows:
- Read our Information Booklet.
- Get latest updates including social events via our Facebook Page. And join our private Facebook Group – Under the Rainbow.
- Access the latest copies of our What’s On Guide and our LGBT Local Groups, Gay Trades, and Accommodation List.
- Find information regarding our expanding Trans Group.
- Explore our Social Events
- See the blog posts regarding our recent Hate Crime awareness initiative.
- Become a member for free and get updates by joining the ‘What’s On’ Mailing list.
- Do you need support? We have a Support Phone Line as well as a dedicated Bereavement Support Group.
- Raise money for HRRA for free, just by shopping online using EasyFundraising or Donate to HRRA:
IDAHOBIT Day May 17th 2022
Rother District Council and Hastings Borough Council again flew a flag over their Town Halls for the International Day Against Homophobia Biphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT Day) on May 17th. The rainbow flag has been updated to the Progressive Pride flag, which encompasses not only lesbian, gay and bisexual but also trans, people of colour, intersex people and others. Rother Council officers and councillors and staff from Rother Voluntary Action joined Hastings and Rother Rainbow Alliance members for a photo outside Bexhill Town Hall to indicate their support.
IDAHOBIT Day sees events held across the world calling for respect for LGBTQI+ people worldwide. It was started as the National Day Against Homophobia in Quebec in 2003 and has spread worldwide. Transphobia was later added.
May 17th was chosen because the date is the anniversary of the World Health Organisation’s May 1990 decision to remove homosexuality from its list of mental disorders.
Hastings and Rother Rainbow Alliance is a local charity which raises awareness of issues for local LGBTQI+ people, and supports a range of social groups to reduce isolation.
IDAHOBIT Day is particularly relevant this year as we see the ILGA-Europe (European Region of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association) Rainbow Map & Index, ranking the legal and policy situation of LGBTI rights in 49 European countries, chart the UK as the country with the most dramatic drop in score, going from 10th to 14th place. This is in part due to the Government’s failure to renew or implement the LGBT action plan, and stalling on long-promised reforms on gender recognition and banning so-called “conversion therapy”.
There are still many homophobic, and particularly transphobic, incidents locally.
Contact Rainbow Alliance on firstname.lastname@example.org.